What you think may be a run-of-the-mill acne, pimples across your cheeks, nose, and chin may actually be rosacea.
What is Rosacea?
Rosacea is an apparent “incurable” condition that is not a form of acne, although it sometimes can be hard to distinguish from common acne. To confuse the matter, rosacea is sometimes called acne rosacea or even adult acne. Like acne, rosacea is a disorder of the skin’s pores, it can cause tiny pimples just like acne, but rosacea is not caused by the same factors as acne and its cause is apparently unknown. Where acne can occur anywhere on the face, neck, back, upper arms and shoulders, rosacea is confined to the center of the face (cheeks, nose, chin, and forehead). Acne is common in the teen years, but rosacea typically doesn’t appear before the age of 30.
What Causes Rosacea?
Some theories suggest that rosacea may be a disorder of the blood vessels. Other theories suggest that the condition is caused by microscopic skin mites, fungus, psychological factors or a malfunction of the connective tissue under the skin.
Symptoms of Rosacea
- Redness in the face, especially toward the center in the cheeks and nose
- Swelling and painful skin
- Sensitive skin that easily reacts to the sun, skin care products, feeling hot or sweating
- Stinging and burning in the skin
- Dry, rough, itchy or scaling skin
- Acne-like breakouts and overly oily skin
- Large inflamed pores
- Raised patches of skin called plaques
- Bumpy texture to the skin
- Thickening of the skin, especially around the nose, chin, forehead, cheeks, and ears
How to Reverse Rosace
There are two ways I have found to rid oneself of Rosacea.
1) In the priceless book “The Cure is in the Cupboard“, Dr. Mark Dahl chairman of the Department of Dermatology at the University of Minnesota School of Medicine states, “the lesions of all rosacea patients are infected by a parasite. Incredibly, the parasite is a type of mite known as demodex, a genus of mite that infest the hair follicles and sebaceous ducts. The mites are normally found on the skin. However, in rosacea, they are found in vastly increased numbers.” Some other research points to the H. Pylori bacteria, a bacteria that infects the stomach lining. Apparently, the organism secrets a toxin which causes the pattern of inflammation and redness typically seen in rosacea. According to researchers when the organism is destroyed by antibiotics, the rosacea disappears.
Oil of wild oregano kills mites. According to the book “The Cure is in the Cupboard“, one needs to take three or more drops of oil of wild oregano under the tongue twice daily. Also, apply the oil of wild oregano topically on the infected skin twice a day. Lastly, be patient as this will rid you of rosacea in a matter of weeks.
2) The next cure I learned is anecdotal. A friend of mine told me she was born with rosacea, though I knew her for years I had no idea she had it because she always hid it under makeup. Anyway, I told her the importance of taking magnesium, and I had her read my article ” Magnesium The Miracle Mineral“. She decided to take 300 mg of Natural Calm Magnesium citrate daily, after a month of taking it she said her rosacea just disappeared and never returned.
I’ve seen magnesium reverse other skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis, so I wasn’t too surprised that it would also reverse rosacea. I tried finding research articles on magnesium in relation to rosacea, but I found nothing. So I guess it’s a remedy that needs to be researched, at the very least more people need to try it to see if it works for them.
Necessary internet disclaimer: All information and resources found on Nothingsincurable.com are based on the opinions of the author unless otherwise noted. I am not a doctor nor do I have any medical training, all information is intended to motivate readers to make their own nutrition and health decisions after consulting with their health care provider. The author of this site encourages you to consult a doctor before making any health changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition.