Nigella Sativa also known as powdered black seeds(BS) has been known since the 7th century AD as the “cure to all diseases except death”. BS is one of the most mysterious and intriguing natural phenoms that I’ve ever encountered. It’s only by chance that I discovered this incredible Godsend, as a friend of mine was informed of the BS by someone she barely knew. At the time I was not aware of it, but my discovery of BS was about to start a new chapter of health and vibrancy in my life. I eventually bought the seeds from a local health food store and put it in my cupboard for a few weeks before I decided to research it on the internet. When I finally started to google BS I couldn’t believe what I was reading, the medical research, the acclaimed cures and the benefits of using this oil were unbelievable.
So what are some of the phytochemicals BS its super curative powers? Thymoquinone, hypothymoquinone, and thymol. From these three birthed these elixir like properties: Analgesic, Antibacterial, Anti-inflammatory, Anti-ulcer, Anti-cholinergic, Anti-fungal, Anti-hypertensive, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic, Antiviral, Immune system booster, and metabolism booster.
Here are a few of BS’s benefits as documented by the US National Library of Medical Research.
- Cancer – BS is reputed to help prevent and treat cancer through a variety of mechanisms: Anti-proliferation, Apoptosis, Cell cycle arrest, Anti-metastasis, and Anti-angiogenesis. I’ve read many testimonials on forums and reviews on Amazon where people have proclaimed to have been cured from brain to prostate cancer by BS.
- Heart disease – Rich with unsaturated omega 6/9 fatty acids and phytosterols, BS helps fortify and increase the elasticity of blood vessel walls. It also decreases capillary fragility and permeability while also preventing thrombus formation and decreasing arterial pressure. It also decreases blood cholesterol by preventing the formation of atherosclerotic plaque, as well as preventing inflammatory elements in the cardiovascular system.
- Diabetes – According to researchers from the Indian Council of Medical Research BS causes gradual partial regeneration of pancreatic beta-cells, increases the lowered serum insulin concentrations and decreases the elevated serum glucose. This is quite interesting because BS is one of the few natural plant derivatives that is acclaimed to help prevent type 1 and 2 diabetes.
- Weight Loss – BS is an excellent anti-inflammatory agent that is reputed to help people lose excess weight much in the same way that it helps diabetics. Specifically by decreasing weight gain triggers such as Appetite Glucose, Liver gluconeogenesis, Blood glucose levels, and Cholesterol Triglycerides.
- HIV– According to the African Journal of Traditional, Complementary and Alternative Medicine, an HIV patient went into complete remission after powdered black seed(not the oil extract) treatment. The patient was treated with black seeds for a period of six months, after which there was no detectable HIV virus or antibodies in his bloodstream.
- Hair & Skin – Incredibly BS helps to restore hair loss, but It’s not quite understood why it happens. Iranian researchers have found BS as effective as the skin cream Betamethasone in improving quality of life and decreasing the severity of hand eczema.
- Anti-bacterial – In 1997 researchers at the Department of Pharmacy, University of Dhaka Bangladesh conducted a study in which the antibacterial activity of BS was compared with five antibiotics ampicillin, tetracycline, cotrimoxazole, gentamicin, and nalidixic acid. BS proved to be more effective against many strains of bacteria including those known to be highly resistant to drugs.
My personal experience with BS
Within the first 3 weeks of using BS (taking three half-tsp’s a day), I experienced some incredible developments. On the 4th day, I noticed a patch of protruding varicose veins on my left calf that I’ve had for years just disappeared. Unbelievably my calf now looked like it had been re-chiseled to perfection by Michael Angelo. My skin looks and feels like a baby, and I also started to feel this general sense of well being. My eyesight has slightly improved and I sometimes forget I’m not wearing my glasses.
I used to bare-knuckle a punching bag when I was a teenager which caused me to develop permanent callus overgrowth on my pinky knuckle on both hands. Without topically applying the oil about 90% of the callus has disappeared on both hands.
The BS health benefits list goes on and on, it’s quite miraculous. It seemed even the Ancient Egyptians had a fascination with BS. Cleopatra & Queen Nefertiti used black seed oil to bring luster to their hair and length to their nails. Archaeologists also found a bottle of black seed oil in King Tuts tomb for use in the afterlife.
If I didn’t see & experience the benefits of BS myself and see it with my own eyes I wouldn’t have believed it. BS has become a permanent fixture in my medicine cabinet.
If you want to purchase Organic Powdered Black Seeds, you can purchase them on my website here.
Good luck on your health journey! Nothing is incurable!
Necessary internet disclaimer: All information and resources found on Nothingsincurable.com are based on the opinions of the author unless otherwise noted. I am not a doctor nor do I have any medical training, all information is intended to motivate readers to make their own nutrition and health decisions after consulting with their health care provider. The author of this site encourages you to consult a doctor before making any health changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition.