Every year millions of people are introduced to dreadful psychiatric drugs and psychological counseling for symptoms that are probably rooted in magnesium deficiency. Anxiety happens to be one of the symptoms and it’s a debilitating condition that can make your daily life a living hell. Surpassing even depression, anxiety is the most common form of mental illness in the United States. It’s estimated that approximately 10 percent of teenagers and 40 percent of adults suffer from some kind of anxiety disorder. Statistically, women are more afflicted by anxiety disorders than men.
Symptoms of Anxiety
Anxiety is actually an umbrella term that includes different conditions:
- Panic disorder. Randomly feeling terrified. During a panic attack, you may sweat, have chest pain and feeling palpitations(unusually strong or irregular heartbeats). Sometimes you may feel like you’re choking or having a heart attack.
- Social anxiety disorder. Also called social phobia, this is when you feel overwhelmed and worried about everyday social situations. Being obsessed about others judging you or on being embarrassed or ridiculed.
- Specific phobias. Feeling an intense fear of a specific object or situation. The fear may cause you to avoid ordinary situations.
- Generalized anxiety disorder. You may feel excessive, unrealistic worry and tension with little or no reason.
- Those with anxiety are prone to suffer from depression simultaneously.
- Although anxiety disorders can be triggered by environmental stress or traumatic life events, anyone can be afflicted with this form of mental illness.
Typical Treatment for anxiety
The drug typically administered to anxiety sufferers is Xanax, and it’s one of the top 10 selling prescription drugs in America. This is definitely not a good sign because the pharmaceutical industry loves to keep people continually sick so they can continually peddle drugs to them
The side-effects of Xanax
Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
Blistering, peeling, red skin rash
Blue lips, fingernails, or skin
Confusion, lightheadedness, dizziness, problems with coordination or memory
Extreme drowsiness or weakness, slow heartbeat, trouble breathing
Even if you are willing to try Xanax, the cost is ridiculous at $390 for a supply of 100 tablets
The Magnesium Remedy
1. Magnesium deficiency can produce can produce symptoms of anxiety or depression, including muscle weakness, fatigue, eye twitches, insomnia, anorexia, apathy, apprehension, poor memory…
2. Serotonin, the “feel-good” brain chemical that is boosted by Prozac, depends on magnesium for its production and function.
3. Magnesium supports our adrenal glands, which are overworked by stress.
In reality, taking about 300 mg daily any good bio-available form of magnesium should relieve you of anxiety, you can read about the different forms of magnesium in my blog post Magnesium: The Miracle Mineral!.
I have two friends who had anxiety, one of them took Drs Best Magnesium Glycinate and the other one took Natural Calm Magnesium Citrate. Both of them reported that their anxiety symptoms disappeared within 24 hrs of taking either supplement.
But a word of warning, the Drs Best Magnesium Glycinate will give you a burst of energy and will keep you awake all night if you take it to late. I personally take Drs Best Magnesium Glycinate, and I’ve also noticed it can also- make you feel bloated.
Necessary internet disclaimer: All information and resources found on Nothingsincurable.com are based on the opinions of the author unless otherwise noted. I am not a doctor nor do I have any medical training, all information is intended to motivate readers to make their own nutrition and health decisions after consulting with their health care provider. The author of this site encourages you to consult a doctor before making any health changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition.