When I was in college living in the dorms, I woke up one mourning and my head was pounding like a hammer was hitting it. It was so bad that if I moved my head in any direction I felt excruciating pain, later on in the day I ended up in the university’s hospital ER.
I don’t remember the tests they gave me, but they put through a few sophisticated scanning machines. When it was all said and done, they didn’t find anything wrong me and wrote me a prescription for pain killers. They didn’t ask me anything about my diet, if I drank liquor, or if I used drugs, they just sent me away with prescriptions.
I called my mother and told her what happened, she asked me a few questions and then told me I was eating too many salty foods too late at night, She instructed me to sleep more(I was only getting a few hours of sleep a night) and drink lots of water, while eliminating the nightly potato chips. After I applied that, all the migraine pain disappeared by nightfall.
At the time I was confused, because why couldn’t the experts diagnose what my mother did over the phone, especially since they have all this sophisticated equipment. But at the time I didn’t know American doctors are not required to do classes on human nutrition, and that’s by design my friends.
What causes Migraines?
The “Experts” claim they still don’t understand what causes migraine headaches. Previously they believed the dilation and constriction of blood vessels in the head were thought to be the primary cause of migraine pain. The “Experts” now believe that migraines are a neurological disorder involving nerve pathways and brain chemicals.
What are the Symptoms of Migraines?
Migraines are experienced as an incapacitating collection of neurological symptoms that usually include severe throbbing and recurring pain on one side of the head. Typically about 1/3 of migraine attack affect both sides of the head. Attacks usually last between 4 and 72 hours and are often accompanied with one or more of the following symptoms: visual disturbances, extreme sensitivity to sound, light, touch and smell, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and tingling or numbness in the extremities or face.
According to my research and experience, there are three main reasons why you are being plagued by migraines, which I’ll outline below.
#1 Magnesium deficiency
I will never stop praising the education jewels Dr. Carolyn Dean revealed about magnesium, her youtube videos and her book “The Magnesium Miracle” changed my health and my life. I would definitely recommend buying her book. Magnesium is an important essential mineral that our bodies need for bone health, to stabilize blood pressure, and help maintain a healthy heart rhythm and nerve function. A deficiency in magnesium has been linked to headaches and migraines. The magnesium I recommend is Natural Calm Magnesium, and ReMag a product by Dr. Carolyn Dean. If you do not buy one of my recommended brands of magnesium, make sure you do not get a supplement with “magnesium oxide”. This particular form of magnesium is barely bioavailable to your body, so avoid it like the plague.
To learn more about magnesium, see my article ” Magnesium: The miracle mineral“.
#2 Toxic Liver
Your liver processes everything you breathe, drink, touch and eat. Environmental pollutants, processed food and chemical food additives, alcoholism, and prescription medications etc, all affect the health of the liver which can lead to serious damage ( fibrosis, cirrhosis, NAFLD). When the liver loses the ability to properly detoxify itself, you can start to have reactions to certain foods.
Many people have noticed a connection between certain foods and migraines. These foods can range from chocolate, aged cheeses to fermented products and wine. But the “Experts” claim there is not enough scientific evidence to prove any association.
Another very popular food additive primarily put in Asian foods, MSG, has been known to trigger migraine headaches in many people
Detox your liver with “Milk Thistle“, and all of your liver-related migraines should disappear. It doesn’t matter what health your liver is in, as long as you are alive and taking Milk Thistle it will put your liver back in working order. The brand of Milk Thistle I recommend is Jarrow, and you can order it here on Amazon.com.
See my article “Health the liver with Milk Thistle and Heal your Body and Mind“.
#3 Intestinal Parasites
I had a friend who was on prescription medication for migraines. Although she tried magnesium and milk thistle, which helped her health immensely, her debilitating migraines continued to plague her. But that all stopped after I discovered Diatomaceous Earth. Diatomaceous Earth is like liquid Drano, it goes through your intestines and removes all the big and little parasites, heavy metals, and pesticide residues etc. I convinced my friend to try it, and low and behold she hasn’t had any migraines for 2 months since she started taking the diatomaceous earth.
What is the relation between parasites and migraines?
Migraines may be an early warning sign of worms and parasites.
Neurocysticercosis is the infection of the human central nervous system by pork tapeworm larvae. The invasion of pork tapeworms in the brain is the #1 cause of epilepsy in the world and has become an increasingly important emerging infection in the United State. It’s the most common parasitic disease of the human brain and is found throughout the developing world, with the exception of Islamic countries, since less or no pork is consumed there.
Besides seizures, the pork parasites may actually trigger brain tumors or cause an aneurysm or psychiatric manifestation like depression
Here is a list of some other unwanted guest that might be living in your body while masquerading as other problems.
• Pinworms – one of the most common parasites (especially in children), come from contaminated food, water, bedding, and house dust. While anal itching is one symptom, these worms also produce a number of behavioral and neurological symptoms including vision problems and hyperactivity.
• Giardia – a parasitic protozoa almost as common as pinworms, is spread by contaminated water, unpeeled and unwashed raw produce, and even unsafe sex. In addition to abdominal pain and diarrhea, giardia leads to food sensitivity and nutrient deficiency.
• Hookworm – a parasitic nematode worm that can cause anemia, bronchitis, fatigue, and itchy blistery skin as well as GI symptoms. Hookworms actually have teeth that allow them to attach themselves eventually to the intestines. Spread by contact with pets as well as contaminated water and produce, this worm can live for up to 15 years in humans.
• Roundworm – inflicting about 1 billion worldwide (particularly children), spread by pet contact plus contaminated soil and produce. Its parasitic eggs can find their way from the intestines to various organs, causing infection, pain, weakness, and weight loss.
• Tapeworm – spread by kissing your dog and eating undercooked meat or fish, is the largest of intestinal parasites, stealing valuable nutrients. While this parasite doesn’t always produce symptoms, allergies, bloating and gas, dizziness, “fuzzy” thinking, hunger pains, mineral imbalance, and sensitivity to touch can signal this worm.
• Liver fluke – a flat worm that can live in its human host for 30 years, is spread by swimming in (and drinking) contaminated water plus eating undercooked fish and contaminated produce. Symptoms include depression, edema, enlarged liver, pain on the right side, vertigo, and even cancer.
See my article “My first two weeks of ingesting Diatomaceous Earth“.
References: HEADACHES? PARASITES MAY BE TO BLAME
Necessary internet disclaimer: All information and resources found on Nothingsincurable.com are based on the opinions of the author unless otherwise noted. I am not a doctor nor do I have any medical training, all information is intended to motivate readers to make their own nutrition and health decisions after consulting with their health care provider. The author of this site encourages you to consult a doctor before making any health changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition.